Tuesday 12 July 2016

My Story


I have two passions in life - flowers and make up! Both pretty, but two very different things.



I trained to become a florist a few years ago. Having grown up with parents being gardeners and grandparents being farmers, I have always had an influence and love of the outdoors. Plus, who doesn’t love flowers? They look gorgeous, and can smell amazing - putting a smile on anyone’s face.

I have my own Florist business - Briar Rose Floral Design, which I started in 2015, whilst freelancing for others. In the beginning of 2016 I became more interested in the growing world of beauty blogs and vlogs. I was wearing more makeup and got excited to buy new products to use, it was different to the early starts, scruffy clothes and naked face that I am used to when working in floristry.



A lot of florists I know love make up, I think we like to make an extra effort when we’re not working, even if it just down to the local shops or coffee with friends!

That’s when I decided to start a blog, combining make up and flowers together. Even if it is just for myself!

Hope you enjoy!


Meg 



2 comments:

  1. I think being a florist is such a lovely profession! You're surrounded by beautiful things all the time, no wonder you felt inspired to create a blog. I wish you all the happiness and success, both for your blog and business :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much Marta, that's really sweet of you. I love being a florist but needed a little something extra, hopefully that will be this blog :)

      Delete