Sunday 24 July 2016

My Current Skincare Routine


My skin has recently become something I really care about. I had never thought about it too much, just whacked on some moisturiser as and when I thought I needed it. I’m only 20 but I thought ‘you’re never too young to take care of your skin’ and thanks to the queen of skincare that is CarolineHirons I’ve learnt a lot, looking after my skin better and enjoy doing it.

I knew nothing about skincare, so I read lots of blogs and reviews to get the best products for me and my skin. I had a lot of fun researching different products, I took my time as I knew I would be spending a fair amount and didn’t want to get it wrong. It took me a couple of months building up my skincare products to get to the point I am at now. And I still have a few more items I want to buy to get it perfect.

I’ve learnt a lot about my skin since starting my skincare journey. I have dehydrated skin with an oily t-zone. I can get a few spots around my chin, nose and forehead area. I also get redness on and around the nose and chin area, plus very dark circles.

So that’s the basics. Let’s get into the good stuff, the products!

I love this micellar water; it is a great first step to remove most of my makeup. It’s powerful enough to remove mascara, but gentle on my eyes and skin that other micellar waters were not.

I look forward to using this balm every night; it feels great on my skin and does the job of removing remaining makeup and giving a general clean brilliantly.

Second/morning cleanse: Simple, pore minimising toning cleanser.
This is one of the steps I’m not completely happy with. I am on the lookout for a better morning/second cleanse that I can wash off with a face cloth, to feel fresher in the mornings. Any suggestions? However this does the job pretty well, plus its quick; just rub it on with a cotton pad.

Acid toner: Pixi, glow tonic.
I use this in the mornings and I love this exfoliating toner. It reveals great glowing skin.
I use this acid toner in the evenings as it is slightly harsher. I also love these pads, so handy to take away with you. Love to use these when I am slightly spottier.

Hydrating toner: Pixi, hydrating milky mist.
I love this step in my routine; it’s a burst of freshness and moisture on my skin. I have gone through a couple bottles already, I just mist is everywhere!

This is another step I haven’t quite perfected. This eye cream is good to keep my under eye hydrated but I don’t think it is doing much for the darkness that I have (thanks mum!). Any suggestions on good eye creams would also be appreciated.

I’m in love with this, such a nice consistency and texture. It smells great and gives my skin a beautiful glow. I’m nearly running out, but the price has gone up on cult beauty. Nooo!!

This moisturiser is great, super hydrating and it contains UVA/UVB protection which is perfect after I use Pixi glow tonic in the mornings. It gives an amazing glow, almost too much glow if that is possible? Plus is it smells of oranges. I’d be interested to try the other products in the range.

This facial oil feels and smells so luxurious. My combination skin means I don’t use this every night but is great 2-3 times a week for added moisture and goodness.

That’s a wrap.

Like I said, I haven’t completely perfected the routine and I don’t mind taking my time to get there, especially as these things cost money! Please let me know if you have suggestions of products or how I could improve my routine.

What’s your favourite skincare product at the moment?


Meg x 

No comments:

Post a Comment