Sunday 14 August 2016

My Breakfast Smoothie


Being a florist, some mornings I have to be out the house super early, therefore any extra minutes that I can get in bed are happily invited. But unfortunately I’m not one of these people who can skip on breakfast, especially if I am busy at work. So this would mean choosing between eating breakfast or putting concealer and mascara on; a choice I never want to make!



I have found that making a breakfast smoothie that I can take on the go is the perfect solution. Taking about five minutes to make, being super filling, and tasting so good, this smoothie is my saviour! Slight exaggeration, but it is really handy.
Using my blending machine at 4 o’clock in the morning wouldn’t go down so well with the parents, so make it the night before and store it in the fridge overnight. Just don’t walk out the house in your sleepy state, forgetting to pick it up!


 
So what’s in it, you ask?

250 ml of almond milk

2-3 dessert spoons of fat free vanilla yogurt

1 chopped banana

½ cup of porridge oats

½ cup of frozen blueberries

Squeeze of runny honey


This makes a pretty decent sized smoothie, filling a third of the blender cup which I just put the lid on and take with me. Drinking this throughout the morning keeps me feeling full until lunch, which is often after three. The banana and porridge oats are the two ingredients that mainly fill me up, the others are just to make it creamy and taste amazing.

Hope you give this recipe a go, let me know of any good breakfast smoothie recipes that you love!


Meg x

No comments:

Post a Comment