Sunday 28 August 2016

Playing with fire, red eyeshadows


After seeing Chanel’s le rouge collection No.1 everywhere, I realised the eyeshadow quad Candeur et experience looked awfully similar to a five eyeshadow palette that I already owned for the fraction of the price; Rimmel London’s five pan eyeshadow in Brixton Brown.The main difference between them being the Rimmel palette consists of mainly shimmery shades whereas the Chanel quad is all matte, but the colours themselves are very similar.


Here’s my favourite way to use this little palette:

I chose to do my eyes first as these shadows have slight fall out. I took the matte grey brown shade in my crease and then using the bottom left shade, a gorgeous dark browny red, I added this to the outside corner of my eyes. I took time to blend the shadows thoroughly with a fluffy brush. I packed the pale shimmery shade all over my lid using a flat eyeshadow brush, stopping when I reached the dark shade on the outer corner. Now time for my favourite part, the red! This colour is a beautiful coppery red. I packed this onto the centre of my lid, over the top of the pale shimmer. I made sure that these two shimmery shades were kept below the crease. Finally, I used the darkest shade in the palette on an angled brush to create a soft wing.

I finished the rest of my face makeup before going in with the pale grey brown shade on my lower lash line. I added some depth to the outer corners with the darkest shade and blended them together. I highlighted my inner corners with the pale shimmery shade. Curled my lashes, added mascara and I was done. I paired this look with a nude lip, Topshop lipstick in Nevada.




Here I am playing with autumnal colours and its 26 degrees outside. But I love this little Rimmel eyeshadow palette and the red was calling out to me.

Do you have any good dupes for the new Chanel collection? What is your favourite way to wear these eyeshadows?


Meg x 

1 comment:

  1. You look so stunning, the colours really suit you! You have such a lovely and inspiring blog here, keep up your amazing work it is paying off! x

    adelelydia.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete